Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie!

Thanksgiving is Tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited to see my entire family tomorrow and I love baking and making sweets all the time! So I decided to try and make pumpkin pie completely from scratch and it was a success!!! I don't want to toot my own horn, but I can cook pretty good but I get a little lazy when it comes to time aspect so whenever I do cook, its always fun to see the results.
So here is the recipe! :)

Ingredients:
2 cups of Pumpkin Puree, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 eggs plus yolk of third egg, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 ground cloves, 1/2 tsp of lemon zest, and 1 pie crust.

How to make Pumpkin Puree:
Buy a regular pumpkin at any of your local grocery stores, cut off the stem and scrape out the insides and cut into sections (the part of the pumpkin you carve), steam in a double steamer for about 15 minutes until it is really soft, scoop the pulp from the skin. Put the pulp into a blender and blend until smooth.


















Cooking Instructions:
1. preheat oven to 425 F;
2. Mix sugars, salt, spices, lemon zest in a large bowl. Beat eggs, add.  Stir in pumpkin puree and cream. Whisk together.
3. Pour into pie crust, bake at 425 F for 15 min. After 15 mins reduce temperature to 350 F. Bake 40-50 minutes.
4. Cool for 2 hours
5. Add some delicious whipped cream when served!
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment